The BSA/AML/OFAC Assistant will assist the BSA Department, in an administrative capacity to ensure the overall compliance of the Bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC program and adherence to policies. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA.
- Assist and provide administrative support to the BSA Department in implementing and maintaining the Bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC programs.
- Review new account KYC/CDD information for completeness.
- Compile cash transaction aggregation reports and organize the information for completion and filing of required Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs).
- Assist in conducting daily reconcilement for the Bank’s core banking system and the AML monitoring system.
- Investigate assigned monthly profile exceptions and alerts generated by the Bank’s AML monitoring system.
- Assist the BSA Department in BSA-related projects/initiatives that may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in BSA related webinars and seminars to keep up with all BSA and US Patriot Act regulatory changes.
- Administrative level knowledge of BSA/AML regulation.
- Experience with KYC/EDD documentation, preferred.
- Skills and abilities sufficient to perform the job function.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with bank personnel.
- Computer Literacy and ability to work with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
It is the responsibility of each Bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the Bank is subject. Each Bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.