Commercial Loan Assistant
Reports to: EVP, Senior Lender
Supervises: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Date Prepared: March 2018
The Commercial Loan Assistant will be responsible for assist the lending officers in multiple functions including preparing loan packages and reviewing other documentation as detailed further below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative assistance to the loan officer, including but not limited to, handling loan data entry and assembling documentation for customer loans, answering phones, making copies, sending mail, and interaction with the insurance agents, title companies and attorneys. Manage loan officer calendars and appointments.
- Become familiar and knowledgeable with bank products as to lending types, rates, structure, industries and property types so as to effectively communicate with incoming prospective borrower calls.
- Prepare New / Renewal Loan Packages and ensure all required compliance documents are provided by the Borrower for commercial loan applications, including, but not limited to, Loan Application, Beneficial Ownership Form, 4506-T Forms both commercially and personally, Consumer Credit Release Authorization, and Marquis Bank Personal Financial Statement.
- Prepare New / Renewal Loan Packages and ensure all required compliance documents are provided by and to the Borrower for consumer loans, including, but not limited to, sending Borrower appropriate disclosures and attaining Consumer Loan Application/Joint Application Addendum (if applicable), Marquis Bank Personal Financial Statement, signed Borrower Acknowledgement Letter, 4506-T Forms, Consumer Credit Release Authorization, and Government Monitoring Form.
- Insure all financial information necessary for loan underwriting is provided by the Borrower and specific to the loan type and structure.
- If there are any deficiencies in the loan package the CLA will have full authority to contact the Borrower via phone and email to obtain missing information.
- Complete commercial and consumer checklists for credit underwriting and compliance purposes.
- Preparing the Loan Request Summary, and Third Party Request Form, as instructed by the Loan Officer.
- Review loan approval package to insure proper disclosures are included.
- Responsible for database being updated, results tracked. Creative input as to content and directed Business and Commercial Real Estate mailer efforts.
- Follow up with incoming loan request calls and direct marketing replies.
- Preparation, and maintenance, of Credit, Collateral, Documentation and Financial Statement Files for each loan and responsible for filing all documents in Borrower’s file.
- Assist in processing disbursements and payments from loans.
- Assist in construction loan advances and construction administration to ensure all required releases are obtained, inspections are ordered and title updates are received (training will be provided if needed).
- Assist in Advances for warehousing lines to ensure all required documentation is obtained per Loan Agreement.
- Review Insurance Tickler and follow-up to obtain current policy information and declaration pages.
- Obtain flood determination and prepare flood notification to the borrower.
- Confirm insurance adequacy for collateral property prior to loan closing.
- Confirm all fees prior to loan closing.
- Scan final Loan approval memorandum into the Shared Drive for all new loans.
- Ensure loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates and other relevant data to be sent to loan processing.
- Prepare new/renewed loan documentation using Laser Pro.
- Preparation of adverse and withdrawn notices as well as files for filing.
- Pull Red Flag.
- Review the Loan Officers Financial Information Exception Report and follow-up to obtain all required information that is pending or stale dated.
- Review the Loan Officer’s Past Due Report daily and notifies the Borrower via phone and email of the loan payment status.
- Prepare LAR’s for all CD secured loans and stand-by letters of credit.
- Prepare Loan Approval Offerings for 90-day loan extensions.
- Assists banker, as needed, in information gathering for depository account opening process.
- Review commercial deposit customer relationships and determine additional products/services that fit customers’ needs and banking patterns.
- Suggest and cross sell additional loan/line/credit products to high quality customers.
- Reviews overdraft reports daily for bankers and advises bankers of pending matters for banker approval prior to daily response deadline.
- Provide back up support as needed for commercial lending team.
- Assist Borrower in problem resolution.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Incumbent must have knowledge of loan documentation requirements and underwriting experience.
- Incumbent must have knowledge and experience with Laser Pro Loan Documentation System.
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to interact with staff in other operational areas.
- Approximately 5 to 7 years of experience in a bank loan documentation or related field position.
- High school degree or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of lending terminology and protocols and bank products, services and policies
- Proficient in Word and Excel; must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and have excellent phone and inter-personal skills; must exhibit a high level of professionalism and be flexible with job functions and work hours. Solid analytical, creative and problem solving skills and the ability to work well independently are also necessary.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.