Consumer Compliance Officer
The primary function of the Consumer Compliance Officer is to support the SVP Regulatory Compliance Officer in the implementation of Marquis Bank’s Regulatory Compliance Program. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values, and operating principles of Marquis Bank, and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank.
- Conduct consumer compliance monitoring reviews according to the Regulatory Compliance program to ensure compliance with laws and regulations by reviewing deposit and loan activities across the organization. Proposes appropriate corrective action(s) to the Regulatory Compliance Officer for exceptions and weaknesses identified.
- Assist and support in maintaining a comprehensive training program to address the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Execute data integrity reviews for consumer regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date and manage the Fair Lending and CRA software (Centrax).
- Assist and support the Regulatory Compliance Officer in preparing periodic reports to be presented to the Compliance Committee, and the Board concerning the Bank’s current record of consumer compliance.
- In coordination with Regulatory Compliance Officer, research and respond to consumer compliance questions from personnel.
- Participation in community activities as part of the Bank’s efforts to meet community needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in bank regulations.
- Foster an environment of constant improvement, reducing cycle times and strengthening controls.
- Manage ad hoc projects as needed as instructed by the Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Expected to quickly understand internal control policies and regulatory requirements as they relate to the business and functional area. Adherence to all Marquis Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Completed all required compliance training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of consumer compliance regulations.
- Prior experience in Compliance Monitoring preferred.
- Experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and prioritizing problems or specific situations, and determining appropriate action/response.
- Demonstrate ability to research and prepare procedures, and forms related to compliance.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to opportunities presented through change.
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving; a logical thinker.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Document review experience.
- Application of math and algebraic formulas.
- Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret manuals, reports, governmental regulations, directives, policies, procedures, and correspondence.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.