Reports to: XXX
Supervises: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Full Time (Non- Exempt)
Date Prepared: XXX
The Lending Officer is responsible for making and servicing a variety of secured and unsecured business loans or lines of credit requests and decisions involving a variety of business and individual customers. Follows current loans to ensure compliance with terms. Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business. Operates with limited credit authority. The duties and responsibilities to the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA. Business relationships will be conducted in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Explain, promote and sell products or services such as commercial loans, checking accounts, savings accounts, certificate of deposits accounts, safe deposit boxes, and credit cards.
- Call customers to request missing information, verify residence or respond to requests. Embraces and executes the strategies for profitable growth of deposits, loans, fees as well as selling bank products and services.
- Specific responsibility to grow deposits, loans and market share while enhancing the Marquis brand; increasing all deposits, fees, commercial loans and consumer loans, and hiring human capital.
- Insures quality service policies for retail and commercial customer’s (external and internal), ensuring continued satisfaction and loyalty.
- Stay abreast of industry and regulatory changes.
- Stay up to date on bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training.
- Participating and representing the bank in community activities.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Skills consistent with normally obtained through a Bachelor Degree. Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public and able to demonstrate the initiative to initiate dialogue and the ability and initiative to utilize sound judgment is required.
- Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through a degree in finance, accounting is required.
- Skills and abilities sufficient to perform the essential functions such as the ability to prepare data reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulations, develop policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with government officials and to work effectively with directors, officers and employees.
- Approximately 5 to 10 years of experience as a Commercial Lending Officer or other similar position. Proficiency in using computer software for typical office applications and functions is also preferred.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.