Senior Credit Analyst
Department: Credit Administration
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer
Supervises: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Full Time (Non- Exempt)
Date Prepared: November 2017
The Senior Credit Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, structuring, and preparing credit presentations for new and existing clients for all types of credit facilities. The job function will also include the monitoring of borrower’s financial performance to determine current risk ratings. In addition, the Senior Credit Analyst will assist in the preparation of monthly reports, perform ongoing portfolio analysis, assist the Chief Credit Officer and complete other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare loan presentations and credit analysis for credit decisions.
- Provide financial statement spreadsheets to examine the financial condition of borrowers.
- Work closely with Lending Officers to appropriately underwrite and structure new loan requests and existing loans being renewed.
- Make joint calls with the Lending Officers to gather information for credit underwriting purposes.
- Provide questions to Lending Officers that need to be addressed with the borrower to clarify changes in financial trends, management, and the overall company or its operations.
- Design appropriate covenants based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan, and the credit risk of the Bank. Covenants should comply with loan policy or have an appropriate mitigant.
- Identify risk issues and take pro-active steps to address and recommend risk ratings.
- Work with the Chief Credit Officer to maintain and communicate loan policies.
- Identify any non-compliance issues that could affect the risk of collectability of outstanding loans.
- Ensure satisfactory turnaround of loan requests.
- Perform annual reviews of the existing loan portfolio as needed.
- Prepare industry studies.
- Prepare credit and loan reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration preferred. Advanced degree in business field helpful.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit analysis and / or commercial underwriting.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in addition to strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate especially with reference to word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with financial statement spreading software.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Understanding of the legal principles underlying the Bank’s loan and security documents.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.