Treasury Management Analyst
The Treasury Management Analyst will be responsible for managing Customer Treasury Management functions including the preparation of proposals and implementation of products and services and performing operations functions related to production of treasury service offerings: including but not limited to ACH Origination, Lockbox processing, Positive Pay, Remote Deposit Capture and Online Banking(OLB).
- Responsible for introducing, implementing and executing new treasury management technology.
- Ensuring clients and end-users understand the full functionality of current online banking platform.
- Ensuring Electronic Banking channels are in compliance with all OCC, CFPB and BSA regulations.
- Working closely with branch staff to understand and support electronic banking strategic imperatives.
- Working with officers to ensure remote deposit capture product is being offered to clients who are fully taking advantage of the service.
- Ensures that all systems are operating in a secure and stable manner.
- Responsible for user support, administration and training.
- Implements new software and updates existing software to support product additions or revisions.
- Handles all treasury management matters, including establishing policies and procedures.
- Preparing performance reviews and conducting activities relating to the hiring and maintaining of department employees.
- Staying abreast of industry and regulatory changes.
- Staying abreast of bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training, including, but not limited to, BSA/AML and Compliance Training.
- Participating and representing the bank in community activities.
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through a baccalaureate degree in finance, accounting, or a similar field is required. Skills and abilities sufficient to perform the essential functions such as research, policy development, communication with management, employees, and customers are required.
- Approximately five to seven years of experience in treasury management operations and information technology or related field. Proficiency in using computer software for typical office applications and functions is also preferred.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at any time at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.