November 30th, 2017 • Press
BAUERFINANCIAL, the Nation’s Premier Bank Rating Firm, is proud to announce that Marquis Bank, Coral Gables, Florida has once again secured a 5-Star rating. What a great way to start 2018! (A five-star rating indicates the bank excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.) Marquis Bank has earned and maintained this top 5-Star rating for 19 consecutive quarters, and that deserves recognition.
“Because community banks put their focus on local people and small businesses, they are perfectly positioned to provide the specialized support that is unique to their area,” acknowledges Karen L. Dorway, president of BauerFinancial. “Community banks, like Marquis Bank, promote local growth by investing back into the same neighborhoods that their deposits come from. By fostering these local relationships, they achieve two goals: they are highly capitalized and they are accountable to their customers.”
Established in 2007, Marquis Bank has been reinvesting in its local communities for 10 years. It currently operates through two conveniently located offices in Aventura and Coral Gables and can also be found online at marquisbank.com.
November 20th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is currently seeking an experienced Bank Teller to join our Coral Gables branch team. This position involves a significant amount of customer contact. Under supervision and according to institution policies and procedures, provides a variety of customer service functions involving the receipt and payment of money. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cash checks and pay out money after signature and funds verification
- Receive and process cash and checks presented for deposit.
- Record transactions into Bank’s computer system and issue receipts to customers.
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) for all reportable cash transactions.
- Explain, promote and sell products or services such as cashier’s checks.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and legality of the documents.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawers and calculate balances using computers, calculators or adding machines.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash and cashier’s checks.
- Count currency and coin by hand or using currency counting machine in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Process loan payments (Installment, commercial, Credit Line and Mortgage) and forward documentation to the Loan Operation Department.
- Monitors bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
- Count, verify and post armored car deposits.
- Process daily work via image capture for transmittal to core processor.
- Answer telephone calls as needed.
- Stay up to date on bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training.
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Assist platform staff with daily customer needs such as transfers, stop payments and check verifications.
Required Skills and/or Education
- Math and communication skills consistent with normally obtained through a High School diploma or G.E.D. Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public and able to demonstrate the initiative to initiate dialogue and the ability and initiative to utilize sound judgement is required.
- Work requires good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
October 24th, 2017 • Press
Marquis Bank announced that it has established a $2,500 scholarship with the Women of Tomorrow Mentor & Scholarship Program to help at-risk high school graduates achieve a college education.
“These young women have so much potential, but their circumstances don’t always give them the opportunity to succeed. Organizations like Women of Tomorrow provide the support they need. It’s so important that they graduate high school, pursue higher education and become full participating members of society,” said Rosary Plana Falero, Senior Vice President of Professional/Executive & Commercial Banking at Marquis Bank.
The Marquis Bank Scholarship will be awarded to one or more at-risk seniors graduating from a Miami-Dade County Public High School enrolled in the Women of Tomorrow mentoring program. Annually, the organization awards on average more than $300,000 in scholarships to high school seniors in South Florida.
Women of Tomorrow, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, mentors 2,600 students in 114 public high schools throughout South Florida. Mentors include hundreds of highly accomplished professional women. Falero, who sits on the organization’s scholarship committee, earlier served many years as a mentor at Booker T. Washington Senior High School.
“I believe education is a key factor that provides the foundation for success in life. It’s important that we focus on this, not only in high school but early on in life to establish a love for learning. It’s been rewarding to see the growth of these young women and receiving their thanks for helping them to build their self-esteem,” Falero said.
About Women of Tomorrow Mentor & Scholarship Program Women of Tomorrow was conceived in 1997 by television journalist Jennifer Valoppi and co-founded with Don Browne, retired Telemundo president. The Women of Tomorrow Mentor & Scholarship Program is designed to inspire, motivate and empower at-risk young women to live up to their full potential through a unique mentoring program with highly accomplished professional women and scholarship opportunities. Women of Tomorrow currently mentors approximately 4,500 at-risk girls in 192 public high schools in South Florida, Metropolitan Detroit and Greater Philadelphia with its network of over 500 mentors. Research shows that Women of Tomorrow Mentees have increased self-esteem, a 95 percent high school graduation rate, and increased academic performance each year they are in the program, to a statistically significant degree. Women of Tomorrow has changed the lives of more than 15,000 young women and awarded almost $6 million in college scholarships. For more information, call 305 371 3331 or visit www.womenoftomorrow.org.
About Marquis Bank Marquis Bank, with more than $500 million in assets, is a full-service community bank dedicated to serving business owners, professionals and investors. Marquis has successfully blended convenient state-of-the-art technology with personal attention to create an exceptional banking experience for its clients. For more information, please call 305.443.2922 or visit www.MarquisBank.com.
October 6th, 2017 • Blog
October 5th, 2017 • Blog