March 16th, 2017 • Blog
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, structuring, and preparing credit presentations for new and existing clients for all types of credit facilities. The job function will also include the monitoring of borrower’s financial performance to determine current risk ratings. In addition, the Credit Analyst will assist in the preparation of monthly reports, perform ongoing portfolio analysis, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Prepare loan presentations and credit analysis for credit decisions.
- Provide financial statement spreadsheets to examine the financial condition of borrowers.
- Work closely with Lending Officers to appropriately underwrite and structure new loan requests and existing loans being renewed.
- Make joint calls with the Lending Officers to gather information for credit underwriting purposes.
- Provide questions to Lending Officers that need to be addressed with the borrower to clarify changes in financial trends, management, and the overall company or its operations.
- Design appropriate covenants based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan, and the credit risk of the Bank. Covenants should comply with loan policy or have an appropriate mitigant.
- Identify risk issues and take pro-active steps to address and recommend risk ratings.
- Work with the CHief Credit Officer to maintain and communicate loan policies.
- Identify any non-compliance issues that could affect the risk of collectability of outstanding loans.
- Ensure satisfactory turnaround of loan requests.
- Perform annual reviews of the existing loan portfolio as needed.
- Prepare industry studies.
- Prepare credit and loan reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be aware of BSA/AML and other Compliance requirements related to the job function.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in credit analysis and / or commercial underwriting.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in addition to strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate especially with reference to word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with financial statement spreading software.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Understanding of the legal principles underlying the Bank’s loan and security documents.
- Equipment Operated skills with computer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, computer printer.
March 2nd, 2017 •
Marquis Bank proudly announces it is once again a top performer, earning a coveted 5-Star rating from BAUERFINANCIAL, the Nation’s Premier Bank Rating Firm. (A five-star rating indicates that this bank excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.) Marquis Bank has earned this top honor for 16 consecutive quarters.
“Marquis Bank is a prime example of a community bank excelling at what a community bank was meant to do,” explains Karen L. Dorway, president of BauerFinancial. “It employs locally, thereby having the same personal investment in the community as its customers; it makes decisions locally, often for neighbors and friends; and it focuses on quality as opposed to quantity. That focus has paid off for both Marquis Bank and for its community.”
Marquis Bank was established in 2007 and has been providing quality banking services to its neighbors and friends ever since. Today, after 10 years, it operates through two conveniently located offices in Aventura and Coral Gables and can also be found on the internet at marquisbank.com.
February 7th, 2017 • Press
Marquis Bank has named Jimmy Forrest Senior Vice President for Commercial Lending. In this position, Mr. Forrest will focus on growing Marquis’ portfolio by developing its commercial loan business, as well as depository relationships.
Mr. Forrest brings more than 29 years of local banking experience to Marquis Bank. Most recently, he served as Senior Vice President at Eastern National Bank. A graduate of New York University, Mr. Forrest earned a master’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and International Business.
“We’re excited to welcome such an experienced loan officer to Marquis Bank,” said Miriam Lopez, President and Chief Lending Officer. “Jimmy’s knowledge and skill set will be an extremely valuable asset to the Bank and will help the continued growth of our lending capabilities.”
About Marquis Bank Marquis Bank, with over $440 million in assets, is a full-service community bank dedicated to serving business owners, professionals and investors. Marquis has successfully blended convenient state-of-the-art technology with personal attention to create an exceptional banking experience for its clients. For more information, please call 305.443.2922 or visit www.MarquisBank.com.
January 23rd, 2017 • Blog
January 3rd, 2017 • Press
Coral Gables-based Marquis Bank has announced the promotion of Janet Henfield-Green to Senior Vice President and Aventura Market Manager. Ms. Henfield-Green is responsible for the development of the Bank’s presence in the Northeast Miami-Dade/ South Broward markets. She focuses on both lending and depository relationships in the Aventura, Hallandale, Hollywood, Golden Beach and Sunny Isles Beach markets.
“Janet has been instrumental in the Bank’s growth in the Aventura area,” said President and Chief Lending Officer, Miriam Lopez. “Her extensive knowledge and experience, coupled with her dedication to providing the highest quality of service to Marquis’ customers, has proven her to be an invaluable member of our team.”
Ms. Henfield-Green has over twenty years of banking and finance experience. Prior to joining Marquis in 2013, she served as Vice President and Relationship Manager at Bank Leumi, where she worked for 11 years.
Marquis Bank, with over $430 million in assets, is a full-service community bank dedicated to serving business owners, professionals and investors. Marquis has successfully blended convenient state-of-the-art technology with personal attention to create an exceptional banking experience for its clients. For more information, please call 305.443.2922 or visit www.MarquisBank.com.