November 20th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is currently seeking an experienced Bank Teller to join our Coral Gables branch team. This position involves a significant amount of customer contact. Under supervision and according to institution policies and procedures, provides a variety of customer service functions involving the receipt and payment of money. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cash checks and pay out money after signature and funds verification
- Receive and process cash and checks presented for deposit.
- Record transactions into Bank’s computer system and issue receipts to customers.
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) for all reportable cash transactions.
- Explain, promote and sell products or services such as cashier’s checks.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and legality of the documents.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawers and calculate balances using computers, calculators or adding machines.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash and cashier’s checks.
- Count currency and coin by hand or using currency counting machine in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Process loan payments (Installment, commercial, Credit Line and Mortgage) and forward documentation to the Loan Operation Department.
- Monitors bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
- Count, verify and post armored car deposits.
- Process daily work via image capture for transmittal to core processor.
- Answer telephone calls as needed.
- Stay up to date on bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training.
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Assist platform staff with daily customer needs such as transfers, stop payments and check verifications.
Required Skills and/or Education
- Math and communication skills consistent with normally obtained through a High School diploma or G.E.D. Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public and able to demonstrate the initiative to initiate dialogue and the ability and initiative to utilize sound judgement is required.
- Work requires good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
October 6th, 2017 • Blog
October 5th, 2017 • Blog
September 6th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank’s number one priority during this time is the safety of our customers and associates.
As of 8:00 a.m. this morning, Hurricane Irma remains a potentially catastrophic Category 5 storm and will pose a significant threat to South Florida by early Friday morning. Because of this, both Marquis locations will close at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 7th and remain closed on Friday, September 8th.
We urge you to visit your local branch today for any transactions that require a trip to the bank. Also, please make sure wire transfer requests are initiated by 11:00 a.m. on Thursday. Otherwise, we encourage you to conduct your banking transactions by ATM, MB Online Banking or MB Mobile Banking. Please note that with your Mastercard Debit Card, you can make free withdrawals or access your account balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at any ATM displaying the Presto, Money Pass and/or Pulse Select* logos.
We will be communicating updates throughout the week until South Florida is no longer under any threat. Please be sure to check our website, social networks and email blasts for up-to-date information and remember to stay safe.