July 24th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is currently seeking an experienced Consumer Compliance Assistant to join our team in Coral Gables.The duties and responsibilities to the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA. Business relationships will be conducted in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct consumer compliance monitoring reviews according to the Regulatory Compliance program to ensure compliance with laws and regulations by reviewing deposit and loan activities across the organization. Proposes appropriate corrective action(s) to the Regulatory Compliance Officer for exceptions and weaknesses identified.
- Assists and support in maintaining a comprehensive training program to address the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Execute data integrity reviews for consumer regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists and support the Regulatory Compliance Officer in preparing periodic reports to be presented to the Compliance Committee, and the Board concerning the Bank’s current record of consumer compliance.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, research and respond to consumer compliance questions from personnel.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, provides assistance to management for implementing procedures for consumer compliance with new consumer protection statutes and/or regulations and changes to existing laws and/or regulations.
- Participates in representing Marquis Bank in community activities as part of the Bank’s efforts to meet community needs.
- Additional duties and participation in projects on behalf of the Compliance Department as assigned by the Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in bank regulations.
- Adherence to all Marquis Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Completes all required compliance training requirements.
Required Skills, Experience and/or Education:
- Approximately 2 to 5 years of experience in a financial compliance position.
- Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through job experience.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing, and making recommendations relative to compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable company safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Application of math and algebraic formulas. Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and prioritizing problems or specific situations, and determining appropriate action/response.
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare procedures, and forms related to compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret manuals, reports, governmental regulations, directives, policies, procedures, and correspondence.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.