September 6th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank’s number one priority during this time is the safety of our customers and associates.
As of 8:00 a.m. this morning, Hurricane Irma remains a potentially catastrophic Category 5 storm and will pose a significant threat to South Florida by early Friday morning. Because of this, both Marquis locations will close at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 7th and remain closed on Friday, September 8th.
We urge you to visit your local branch today for any transactions that require a trip to the bank. Also, please make sure wire transfer requests are initiated by 11:00 a.m. on Thursday. Otherwise, we encourage you to conduct your banking transactions by ATM, MB Online Banking or MB Mobile Banking. Please note that with your Mastercard Debit Card, you can make free withdrawals or access your account balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at any ATM displaying the Presto, Money Pass and/or Pulse Select* logos.
We will be communicating updates throughout the week until South Florida is no longer under any threat. Please be sure to check our website, social networks and email blasts for up-to-date information and remember to stay safe.
August 29th, 2017 • Press
Marquis Bank has earned a coveted 5-Star rating from BAUERFINANCIAL, the Nation’s Premier Bank Rating Firm. (A five-star rating indicates the bank excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.) Marquis Bank has earned and maintained this top 5-Star rating for 18 consecutive quarters, and that deserves recognition.
“By earning Bauer’s highest 5-Star rating, Marquis Bank proves to its customers and the community that it is committed to their needs and to financial discipline,” notes Karen L. Dorway, president of BauerFinancial. “As times change, so do customers’ needs. Community banks like Marquis Bank excel at finding ways to meet these ever-changing needs while maintaining financial discipline and prudent underwriting.”
Marquis Bank was established in 2007, and has been providing personal service to its neighbors and friends for the 10 years since. Today it operates through two conveniently located offices in Aventura and Coral Gables and can be found on the internet at marquisbank.com.
August 14th, 2017 • Blog
We have updated our Schedule of Fees which contains information about terms, fees, and interest rates for some of the accounts we offer. Effective September 2017.
July 27th, 2017 • Press
Marquis Bank has committed $275,000 to helping low-income children in Miami-Dade County to receive quality educational opportunities.
“There is a significant need in Miami-Dade County, and assisting the youth of South Florida is a very important part of Marquis Bank’s mission and values. It is our belief that this gift can help children to build on their future and the future of our community. I would like to encourage other banks in South Florida to join in this positive effort to give more educational options to the low-income children of Miami-Dade,” said Wanda Marin, Marquis Bank’s Compliance Officer and Audit Manager.
Marquis Bank donated through the AAA Scholarship Foundation, which awards scholarships solely to qualifying low-income, disabled or displaced students. It is one of two scholarship funding organizations approved to administer the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program. The scholarships enable low-income children to gain access to schools that will lead to a successful outcome.
About AAA Scholarship Foundation The AAA Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships solely to qualifying low-income, disabled and/or displaced students. The typical AAA Scholarship student is an ethnic minority living with a struggling single parent/caregiver in a high crime community. More than 85 percent of AAA scholarships are distributed to children at or below 185 percent of poverty. Many children are either below grade level, failing at their previous school or both when they receive a scholarship. Parents, who find their children in these circumstances and care about their future, look for viable options. They seek an atmosphere that challenges their child and will reverse inadequate learning, social patterns and the potential lifelong negative impact. They wish to change their child’s learning environment, acquaintances and the unfortunate predictable outcomes associated with school failure.
About Marquis Bank Marquis Bank, with more than $490 million in assets, is a full-service community bank dedicated to serving business owners, professionals and investors. Marquis has successfully blended convenient state-of-the-art technology with personal attention to create an exceptional banking experience for its clients. For more information, please call 305.443.2922 or visit www.MarquisBank.com.
July 24th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is currently seeking an experienced Consumer Compliance Assistant to join our team in Coral Gables.The duties and responsibilities to the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA. Business relationships will be conducted in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct consumer compliance monitoring reviews according to the Regulatory Compliance program to ensure compliance with laws and regulations by reviewing deposit and loan activities across the organization. Proposes appropriate corrective action(s) to the Regulatory Compliance Officer for exceptions and weaknesses identified.
- Assists and support in maintaining a comprehensive training program to address the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Execute data integrity reviews for consumer regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists and support the Regulatory Compliance Officer in preparing periodic reports to be presented to the Compliance Committee, and the Board concerning the Bank’s current record of consumer compliance.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, research and respond to consumer compliance questions from personnel.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, provides assistance to management for implementing procedures for consumer compliance with new consumer protection statutes and/or regulations and changes to existing laws and/or regulations.
- Participates in representing Marquis Bank in community activities as part of the Bank’s efforts to meet community needs.
- Additional duties and participation in projects on behalf of the Compliance Department as assigned by the Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in bank regulations.
- Adherence to all Marquis Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Completes all required compliance training requirements.
Required Skills, Experience and/or Education:
- Approximately 2 to 5 years of experience in a financial compliance position.
- Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through job experience.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing, and making recommendations relative to compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable company safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Application of math and algebraic formulas. Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and prioritizing problems or specific situations, and determining appropriate action/response.
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare procedures, and forms related to compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret manuals, reports, governmental regulations, directives, policies, procedures, and correspondence.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.